Saturday, April 11, 2020

Some students who took me to hot pot

Here is a group of Chinese college students that invited me out to dinner! Let me introduce them briefly from right to left.

Fang Ying is a singer in her spare time. She went on stage and performed a rendition of Eurythmic's "Sweet Dreams", but in screamo on stage. She's very interested in American music.

Alvin is a shy guy who got so nervous speaking in class, but he worked really hard to overcome it. The story of the Wright Brothers' many failures was what inspired him to try to work harder.

Bob is a guy that challenged me to be better than I am. You can see in the picture, my arms aren't exactly huge. This guy could do 12 pull ups at once, and I was at 5 at my best. I went to a gym every day because I can't lose to a college student! I am only 26, and I will not admit I'm past my prime!

Katherine and her father argue about US politics for fun. She took a trip to America when she was a teenager, and she's dreamed of going ever since. Out of options, she contacted me, and out of options, I contacted a Chinese guy who had visited America. She's able to go, but only on a work visa, and she didn't get to pick her location, so even though she prefers the west coast, she's going to New York.

Foreigners aren't bad people, and they have a lot to give for America. That's my takeaway from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thematic Commonalities between 1930's era banks and Tinkerbell

     The really common, primary school answer for why the Great Depression occurred was the failure of banks, and honestly, in a study of ec...